New Mexican Tomatillo Salsa
- Yield 1 3/4 cups
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Tomatillos give this green salsa a lively, lemon-like bite.
Serve with chips, fish or cheese quesadillas.
- 3 fresh tomatillos, husked and very finely chopped
- 2 fresh green Hatch chile peppers, very finely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced, or 1/2 small white onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 12 hours.
Recipe by David Feder.