Nature’s Perfect Salad
- Yield 4 servings
A summery salad made with fresh strawberries and blueberries, drizzled with a honey-apple cider vinaigrette
'My husband and I enjoy eating healthy, so I created 'Nature's Perfect Salad.' All the ingredients are rich in nutrition, and my husband loves it.'
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup torn lettuce, any variety
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 cup quartered strawberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons bottled horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all salad ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and stir well with a whisk. Just before serving, pour over salad and toss to coat.
— Dorothea Hartman, Decatur, Ill.