Nature's Perfect Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
'My husband and I enjoy eating healthy, so I created 'Nature's Perfect Salad.' All the ingredients are rich in nutrition, and my husband loves it.'
- 1cup baby spinach
- 1cup torn lettuce, any variety
- 1cup shredded carrots
- 1/2cup chopped celery
- 1/2cup blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2cup quartered strawberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 3tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2tablespoons honey
- 2tablespoons minced onion
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2tablespoons bottled horseradish
- 1/2teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Combine all salad ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and stir well with a whisk. Just before serving, pour over salad and toss to coat.
— Dorothea Hartman, Decatur, Ill.