- Yield 24 servings
This is a summertime favorite at our house.
- 6 medium bananas
- 2 (6-ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 6 3/4 cups water
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 cups light run (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 quarts ginger ale, chilled
- 4 cups assorted melon balls (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into thin slices
- Slice bananas into a blender jar. Add lemonade concentrate. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in water, orange juice concentrate, rum (if desired) and honey. Mix well.
- Pour into shallow pans or freezer containers. Freeze until slushy, about 2 hours. Pour slush mixture into a large, chilled punch bowl. Just before serving, stir in ginger ale. Add melon balls if desired. Garnish with lime slices. Makes 6 quarts.
Recipe by J. P. Yarborough, Elon, N.C.