Nana’s Traditional Pound Cake
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4tablespoons butter flavored shortening
- 3cups granulated sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 3cups all-purpose flour
- 1cup milk, at room temperature
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt or tube pan.
- Cream together butter and shortening until well combined, about 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar and salt and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating each for about 20 seconds before adding the next and scraping the bowl periodically.
- Alternately add flour and milk, beginning and ending with flour; you should have three additions of flour and two additions of milk. Add extracts and beat briefly, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let pan cool on rack, then turn cake out onto rack after cooling for at least 25-30 minutes.