- 1 cup water
- 2 sticks margarine
- 1/2 cup crisco
- 9 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Bring water, 1 stick margarine, and 5T coca to boil then set aside.
- Sift together the flour and sugar then pour cocoa mixture over it.
- In separate bowl mix together buttermilk,, eggs, baking soda, and 1t vanilla together then add to flour mixture.
- Pour into ungreased 15x12x1 pan, Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- While cake is baking bring to boil 1 stick margarine, 4T cocoa, and milk. Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Add pecans and 1t vanilla.
- Spread over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Leave cake in pan.
- Very, Very delicious and keeps well as improves with time. Serve in small pieces as it is VERY rich