Mussels and Clams with Olives
- Yield 4 servings
Fresh shellfish takes a turn in a sauté pan with vegetables and a splash of cream.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound mussels, debearded and scrubbed
- 2 pounds clams, scrubbed and purged
- 1 cup diced leeks
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 3/4 cup dry vermouth
- 3/4 cup California Black Ripe Olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepot. Stir in mussels, clams, leeks and shallots and continue cooking for 1 minute. Pour in vermouth, cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on high until all shells have opened. Turn heat down to low and stir in olives, parsley, cream and butter. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of the California Olive Committee