Mushrooms Stuffed with Walnuts, Smoked Bacon and Goat Cheese
- Yield 48 mushrooms servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
- 48 -- mushrooms (1-1/2 inch in diameter), stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces smoked bacon, chopped
- 3 -- shallots, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil. In large bowl, toss mushrooms with oil to coat. Arrange in single layer, rounded side up and bake in 375F oven about 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. In large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat for 7 to 8 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Discard all but 1 tbsp of bacon fat. In same skillet, add shallots, reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook another minute. Transfer to large bowl and cool to room temperature. Add goat cheese and walnuts. Mix well. Stir in parsley. Place heaping teaspoon of filling in each mushroom.
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Option: Garnish each mushroom with a walnut half before serving.
Tips: For lighter version, replace goat cheese with mixture of 4 oz each of low fat cream cheese and goat cheese. Filled mushrooms can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 6 hours. Bake just before serving.