Mushrooms Baked with Garlic, Lemon, and Chile
- Cook: 25 minutes
- 8 medium flat mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium-hot red chile, core and seeds removed and finely chopped
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1tablespoon of lemon juice
- 3tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Trim the ends of the mushroom stems and arrange them in a baking dish cup-side up.
- Divide the garlic, chile, and lemon zest among the cups.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, dot with the butter, season, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the lemon juice over the mushrooms, and then the parsley. Serve hot or warm.
Recipe from Low Carb Revolution: Comfort Eating for Good Health by Annie Bell (Kyle Books, 2015)
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g