Mushrooms and Pasta in Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Yield 6 servings
This pasta sauce is loaded with fresh vegetables, mushrooms and ham.
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces cooked ham, low sodium (cut into 1 1/2-inch x 1/2-inch strips)
- 2 cups zucchini (cut into 1-inch x 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 16 ounces rotelle (corkscrew) pasta
- Cook pasta according to directions on package; drain and put in a large serving bowl.
- Place garlic and butter in a 12 x 8 x 2-inch microwaveable baking pan. Microwave on HIGH until garlic is softened, about 2 minutes. Stir mushrooms into butter, microwave uncovered on HIGH until mushrooms are nearly tender, about 8 minutes, stirring once.
- In a cup combine chicken broth, cornstarch, salt and black pepper until smooth; stir into mushrooms. Microwave uncovered on HIGH until hot, about 8 minutes, stirring once. Add zucchini, ham and cherry tomatoes;microwave uncovered on HIGH until mixture thickens and boils, about 9 minutes, stirring twice. Stir in parmesan cheese; pour over reserved pasta; toss gently. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel