Mushroom Veggie Frittata
- Yield 6 servings
This frittata is full of healthy mushrooms and vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and onions and cook, without stirring, for about five minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn ingredients and cook about four minutes more, then add garlic and continue cooking for one minute. Stir in tomatoes and olives.
- Break eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk to break the yolks. Add milk, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper and whisk to thoroughly combine. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Pour into skillet over vegetable mixture and stir until eggs and vegetables are combined. Continue cooking until the edges begin to set, about two to three minutes. Transfer to oven and bake until golden brown, about 30 to 40 minutes. Slide onto serving platter, face up, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel