Mushroom Tart in Potato Crust
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 25 mins
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces (1 1/2 cups) assorted mushrooms (such as white, crimini, shiitake and oyster), sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped, or 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Combine potatoes, half the green onions, half the Parmesan cheese and half the pepper in large bowl. Stir in half the eggs and mix until well blended. Coat 8-inch tart pan (with removable bottom) with butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray. Spread potato mixture evenly on bottom and up sides of pan.
- Place tart on baking sheet and bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook three minutes; remove from heat. Stir in feta cheese, milk, thyme and remaining green onions, Parmesan cheese, pepper and eggs. Pour mushroom mixture into potato crust. Bake 10 minutes or until set.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board