Mushroom Steak Fajitas
- Yield 4 servings
Mushroom steak fajitas make a great weeknight meal.
- 1 (12-ounce) sirloin or other boneless steak, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon no-salt fiesta lime seasoning (Like Mrs. Dash), divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced into strips
- 8 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- Slice beef across the grain into ¼-inch strips. Place in a medium bowl with ½ tablespoon fiesta lime seasoning toss to coat.
- Place mushrooms, peppers and onion and remaining fiesta lime seasoning in a large bowl; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet. Add beef strips; cook about 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet. Place coated vegetables in skillet and sauté until vegetables are slightly tender, about 5-8 minutes. Add beef back to skillet and sauté mixture 1-2 more minutes.
- Assemble fajitas by dividing beef-vegetable mixture evenly on each tortilla, top with remaining ingredients and roll up.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel and Produce for Better Health Foundation