- 3 eggs
- 1/4cup cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thinly
- 1/4cup oyster mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thinly
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1tablespoon thyme
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a small frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter, over low heat. Add the cremini mushrooms and cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the oyster mushrooms, stir, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle in the thyme, and stir.
- Move the cooked mushrooms into a heat proof pan, and slide it into a warm oven (200F) while cooking the eggs. Crack the eggs into a small mixing bowl, using a fork, whip them until well combined. Cut one tablespoon of butter into small pieces, add to the whipped eggs, and stir to combine.
- In the small frying pan that you used above, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat. Add the eggs. Using a fork, continue moving the eggs around abut 3 minutes, until they are cooked to your liking. Season with salt to taste as well as black pepper. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the mushrooms.
Recipe by Chez us, courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel