- Yield 1 servings
Cremini and oyster mushrooms are added to scrambled eggs for a delicious and satisfying breakfast idea.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup oyster mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a small frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter, over low heat. Add the cremini mushrooms and cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the oyster mushrooms, stir, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle in the thyme, and stir.
- Move the cooked mushrooms into a heat proof pan, and slide it into a warm oven (200F) while cooking the eggs. Crack the eggs into a small mixing bowl, using a fork, whip them until well combined. Cut one tablespoon of butter into small pieces, add to the whipped eggs, and stir to combine.
- In the small frying pan that you used above, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat. Add the eggs. Using a fork, continue moving the eggs around abut 3 minutes, until they are cooked to your liking. Season with salt to taste as well as black pepper. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the mushrooms.