- Yield: 24 servings
- 1pound mushrooms
- 1tablespoon chopped onion
- 2tablespoons butter
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1-- (16-ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 1-- egg white, beaten
- Process mushrooms and onion in food processor until finely chopped. Saute in butter in skillet until liquid has evaporated. Stir in cream cheese, garlic powder and salt.
- Prepare puff pastry using package directions. Arrange on lightly greased 10×15-inch baking sheet. Brush seams with egg white and seal. Spread with mushroom mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Cut into squares; serve warm.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Wheeling’sThe Best of Wheeling (Wheeling, West Virginia, 1994).