- Yield 24 servings
The easy flakey crust makes people think you have worked on these mushroom appetizers for hours.
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -- (16-ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 1 -- egg white, beaten
- Process mushrooms and onion in food processor until finely chopped. Saute in butter in skillet until liquid has evaporated. Stir in cream cheese, garlic powder and salt.
- Prepare puff pastry using package directions. Arrange on lightly greased 10×15-inch baking sheet. Brush seams with egg white and seal. Spread with mushroom mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Cut into squares; serve warm.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Wheeling’sThe Best of Wheeling (Wheeling, West Virginia, 1994).