Mushroom Orzo with Parsley, Lemon Zest and Olive Oil
- Yield 6 servings
Whole wheat orzo is tossed with a savory mixture of button and oyster mushrooms.
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, halved or quartered if very large
- 3 to 4 ounces oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 to 4 ounces enoki, root trimmed and separted
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook orzo as package directs, drain and place in a large bow; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add button mushrooms, oyster mushrooms garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Gently toss in enoki mushrooms and cook 30 seconds longer. Mix into warm orzo. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Toss with last 4 teaspoons olive oil and remaining ingredients. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel