- Yield: 2 servings
- 6ounces white button mushrooms
- 6ounces cremini mushrooms
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4ounces 93% lean ground beef
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2teaspoon dried basil
- 2 (12-inch) light whole wheat wraps
- 1cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop mushrooms into ¼-inch pieces.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and cook, breaking meat into very small bits. Drain. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add olive oil to skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain. Add beef back to pan and combine with mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, oregano, and basil. Spread the cheese mixture on two 12-inch light whole wheat wraps, dividing evenly. Layer equal amounts of the beef and mushroom mixture on top of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Place the pizza directly on the oven rack. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crust isgolden brown and cheese is melted.
Tips: As a substitute for ricotta cheese, blend ½ cup cottage cheese with 1 tablespoon of milk in blender or food processor. Use fresh herbs like oregano and basil instead of Parmesan cheese and also use reduced fat cheese for a lighter version with less cholesterol, fat and saturated fat.
Recipe adapted from MyPlate for Moms, How to Feed Yourself & Your Family Better, by Elizabeth M. Ward, M.S., R.D., courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 499
- Fat 22g
- Saturated Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 88mg
- Sodium 923mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 11g
- Protein 56g