Mushroom Fettucine Florentine
- Yield 4 servings
Tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach star in this delicious pasta dish.
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (about 5 cups) white button mushrooms thickly sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 cup fresh plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups (8-ounces) fontina cheese, diced
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Place pasta in a large serving bowl; cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil until hot. Addmushrooms, onion, salt and black pepper; cook until mushrooms are golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in creamed spinach and tomatoes; cook until tomatoes are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon over reserved pasta. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat adding reserved pasta water according to desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel