Mushroom, Edamame and Salmon Penne
- Yield: 6 servings
- 4cups uncooked penne
- 2.5tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1large onion, diced
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame (fresh soybeans)
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 3/4cup white wine
- 1 1/4cups vegetable broth
- 1pound skinless salmon fillets, cut into strips
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and onions and cook,without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn ingredients and cook about 5 minutes more, until other side is same color. Add edamame and stir. Add tomato and sprinkle with flour and salt; stir for 3 to 4 minutes to slightly cook the flour. Pour in wine and broth, and then stir to integrate flour into the liquid. Cook until sauce thickens, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, cook salmon in remaining olive oil, for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add cooked pasta to other ingredients and gently stir to combine. Cook until thoroughly warm and top with salmon strips to serve.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 570
- Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 55mg
- Sodium 620mg
- Fiber 9g
- Protein 40g