Mushroom, Edamame and Salmon Penne
- Yield 6 servings
Pasta is tossed with a delicious mushrooms and edamame mixture, then topped with perfectly cooked salmon.
- 4 cups uncooked penne
- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame (fresh soybeans)
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets, cut into strips
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and onions and cook,without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn ingredients and cook about 5 minutes more, until other side is same color. Add edamame and stir. Add tomato and sprinkle with flour and salt; stir for 3 to 4 minutes to slightly cook the flour. Pour in wine and broth, and then stir to integrate flour into the liquid. Cook until sauce thickens, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, cook salmon in remaining olive oil, for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add cooked pasta to other ingredients and gently stir to combine. Cook until thoroughly warm and top with salmon strips to serve.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel