Mushroom, Bacon, and Onion Tart
- Yield 6 servings
Serve your overnight guest this impressive mushroom, egg and bacon filled breakfast tart.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust circle (from a 15-ounce package)
- 6 bacon
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Following package directions, place piecrust circle in a 10-inch tart pan or 9-inch pie plate; trim or flute edge. Bake until just golden, 5 to 7 minutes; cool slightly; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove to paper towels; crumble; set aside.
- Pour off bacon drippings from pan. Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until mushroom liquid evaporates, 6 to 8 minutes; cool.
- In a large bowl beat until smooth sour cream, eggs, salt, oregano and black pepper. Pour over baked crust; top with cooled mushroom mixture; sprinkle with bacon. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300F; bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 5 to 7 minutes longer.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel