Mushroom and Chicken Quinoa with Chiles
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4cup quinoa
- Cooking spray
- 8ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 oyster mushroom, roughly chopped
- 1small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2small red jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1small red pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 fresh scallions, chopped
- 1/8teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4cup fresh lemon juice
- 2teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 5tablespoons Cotja cheese, crumbled
- Combine quinoa in a medium sauce pan with 1 1/2 cups of water; simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Remove cooked quinoa large bowl; loosely cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray and add chicken. Cook 10 to 12 mintues, or until cooked through, turning once through. Remove and set aside until coolenough to handle. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees. In a large bowl toss together 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, mushrooms, onion, peppers, parsley, scallions and red pepper flakes. Place mix on rimmed baking sheet and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes stirring once.
- Toss cooked vegetables with warm quinoa; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle mixture with lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss until evenly mixed.
- Add diced chicken and cheese; toss again. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 339
- Fat 18g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 36mg
- Sodium 45mg
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Fiber 5g