Mushroom and Basil Wine Sauce
- Yield 8 servings
This sauce is very versatile, try it over chicken, pork or even cooked pasta!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot. Add white and shiitake mushrooms, red bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushroom liquid has nearly evaporated, about 6 minutes. Add wine and bouillon cube; cook, stirring occasionally, until wine is slightly reduced and bouillon cube dissolves, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a cup combine cornstarch and 1 cup water until smooth. Add to skillet, along with green onions, basil, oyster sauce and ground red pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until lightly thickened and clear; about 1 minute. Serve over broiled chicken breast, fish or pork, or toss with hot cooked pasta or rice.