Mushroom and Basil Wine Sauce
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 12ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 4ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1pinch ground red pepper
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot. Add white and shiitake mushrooms, red bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushroom liquid has nearly evaporated, about 6 minutes. Add wine and bouillon cube; cook, stirring occasionally, until wine is slightly reduced and bouillon cube dissolves, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a cup combine cornstarch and 1 cup water until smooth. Add to skillet, along with green onions, basil, oyster sauce and ground red pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until lightly thickened and clear; about 1 minute. Serve over broiled chicken breast, fish or pork, or toss with hot cooked pasta or rice.