Red Velvet Mug Cake
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 large egg
- 3tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1teaspoon liquid red food coloring
- 3tablespoons buttermilk
- 2teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 2tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4cup self-rising flour
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon cider, white, white wine or rice vinegar
- In a large mug, whisk together the egg and oil with a fork.
- Stir in the food coloring, buttermilk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add the cocoa, flour, salt, and vinegar. Beat the batter until smooth.
- Divide the batter between two mugs.
- Microwave separately for 1 to 2 minutes each until risen and firm.
Cream cheese frosting, Marshmallow Fluff, whipped cream, fresh berries, red sugar sprinkles, candied pecans, or chocolate shavings.
Recipe From MUG CAKES: 100 Speedy Treats to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth. Copyright © 2013 by Leslie Bilderback. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission of St. Martin’s Griffin