Pink Champagne Mug Cake
- Yield 2 servings
- 4 strawberries, washed, dried and diced
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 drop pink food coloring
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons self-rising flour
- Pinch of kosher salt
- In a large mug, combine the strawberries and champagne. Set them aside to macerate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a second mug, whisk together the egg and butter with a fork. Stir in the food coloring, sugar, macerated strawberries, and their liquid.
- Add the flour and salt. Beat the batter until smooth.
- Divide the batter between two mugs.
- Microwave separately for 1½ to 2½ minutes each until risen and firm.
Recipe From MUG CAKES: 100 Speedy Treats to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth. Copyright © 2013 by Leslie Bilderback. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission of St. Martin’s Griffin