Chocolate Raspberry Mug Cake
- Yield 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (semisweet or bittersweet)
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a large mug.
- Microwave for 30 to 60 seconds until melted. Whisk with a fork to combine, then whisk in the egg. Stir in the milk, vanilla, sugar, and cocoa.
- Add the flour and salt. Beat the batter until smooth.
- Fold in the raspberries. Divide the batter between two mugs.
- Microwave separately for 1½ to 2½ minutes each until risen and firm.
Whipped cream, chocolate whipped cream, chocolate ganache.
Recipe from MUG CAKES: 100 Speedy Treats to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth. Copyright © 2013 by Leslie Bilderback. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission of St. Martin’s Griffin.