Black Forest Mug Cake
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/4cup chopped cherries, canned or fresh
- 2tablespoons brandy or rum
- 1large egg
- 3tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 2tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4cup self-rising flour
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1/2cup Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 2tablespoons shaved chocolate
- In a large mug, combine the cherries and kirsch.
- Microwave for 20 seconds to warm through.
- Set aside. In a second mug, whisk together the egg and oil with a fork. Stir in the sour cream, vanilla, and sugar. Add the cocoa, flour, and salt. Beat the batter until smooth.
- Fold in the cherries and kirsch.
- Divide the batter between two mugs.
- Microwave separately for 1½ to 2½ minutes each until risen and firm.
- Top each cake with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and garnish with shaved chocolate.
Recipe From MUG CAKES: 100 Speedy Treats to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth. Copyright © 2013 by Leslie Bilderback. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission of St. Martin’s Griffin