Black Forest Mug Cake
- Yield 2 servings
Chocolate-cherry flavor comes alive with an added punch of rum in this quick, microwavable dessert.
- 1/4 cup chopped cherries, canned or fresh
- 2 tablespoons brandy or rum
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 2 tablespoons shaved chocolate
- In a large mug, combine the cherries and kirsch.
- Microwave for 20 seconds to warm through.
- Set aside. In a second mug, whisk together the egg and oil with a fork. Stir in the sour cream, vanilla, and sugar. Add the cocoa, flour, and salt. Beat the batter until smooth.
- Fold in the cherries and kirsch.
- Divide the batter between two mugs.
- Microwave separately for 1½ to 2½ minutes each until risen and firm.
- Top each cake with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and garnish with shaved chocolate.
Recipe From MUG CAKES: 100 Speedy Treats to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth. Copyright © 2013 by Leslie Bilderback. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission of St. Martin’s Griffin