- Yield 8 servings
This meaty, New Orleans sandwich is packed with ham, salami, provolone cheese and veggies.
- 4 ounces bottled chopped olive salad
- 1 (16-ounce) large sourdough or Italian round bread
- 6 leaves red or green leaf lettuce
- 4 ounces ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mortadella, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces capocollo or sopressata ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sharp provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut bread into halves and remove some of bread from center to create an indentation for filling. Place olive salad on the bottom half of bread. Layer lettuce, meats, cheese and tomato on top. Drizzle olive oil on top half of bread. Close sandwich and press gently. Wrap tightly in foil. Let sandwich sit 4 to 24 hours for flavors to meld. Slice into wedges before serving.