Chicken and Mango Skillet Dinner
- Yield: servings
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 4-- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4cup finely chopped red onion
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1cup mango nectar
- 1cup chicken broth
- 2tablespoons mango jam
- 20-- dried mango slices, cut into halves
- 1small chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1-- ripe mango, sliced
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken breasts and add to skillet. Cook until golden on outside and opaque on inside, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking pan and keep warm in oven.
- Add onion to hot skillet and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add mango nectar, chicken broth, mango jam and dried mangoes. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add chipotle and cook 1 minute more. Reduce heat and add 2 T butter. Put chicken breasts and juices back in skillet and turn to coat with sauce.
- Place chicken on plates and spoon sauce over each piece. Garnish with sliced fresh mango. Serve with rice and sauce.