Chicken and Mango Skillet Dinner
- Yield servings
Chipotle chile and mango are the stars in this one-dish skillet chicken dinner.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons mango jam
- 20 -- dried mango slices, cut into halves
- 1 small chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -- ripe mango, sliced
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken breasts and add to skillet. Cook until golden on outside and opaque on inside, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking pan and keep warm in oven.
- Add onion to hot skillet and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add mango nectar, chicken broth, mango jam and dried mangoes. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add chipotle and cook 1 minute more. Reduce heat and add 2 T butter. Put chicken breasts and juices back in skillet and turn to coat with sauce.
- Place chicken on plates and spoon sauce over each piece. Garnish with sliced fresh mango. Serve with rice and sauce.