Mu Shu Steak and Apple Wraps
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 7 mins
- Cook 9 mins
Asian flavors meet Mexican tortillas in this wrap.
This recipe is from Tanner Kohn of Simpsonville, S.C., who competed at the 2007 National Beef Cook-off with his mom, Shannon.
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef tri-tip steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups tri-color coleslaw mix (green cabbage, red cabbage and carrots)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 8 (8 to 10 inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas, warmed
- Combine cinnamon and pepper. Press evenly onto steaks. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place steaks in skillet; cook 9 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Combine hoisin sauce and honey in a large bowl. Cut steaks into thin slices; season with salt. Add steak slices, coleslaw mix and apple to hoisin mixture; toss to coat.
- Place equal amounts of beef mixture down center of each tortilla, leaving a 1-2-inch border on both sides. Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold sides to center, overlapping edges; secure with wooden picks if necessary.