Chicken Burgers Mozzarella
- Yield: servings
- 1 1/2-- lbs of ground chicken
- 1/4cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1tablespoon of oil from jar of tomatoes
- 2-- scallions chopped
- 1/4cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary (about 1 sprig)
- 4large basil leaves ripped into small pieces
- 1/4teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8ounces fresh mozzarella sliced into 8 pieces
- -- 1+ tablespoons of Olive Oil
- -- Makes 4 Big Burgers
Add all ingredients up to salt & pepper to ground chicken. With hands, mix well. Separate mixture into 8 equal sizes (four tops and four bottoms). Flatten mixture in hands to make burgers. Place one piece of cheese in center. Place burger tops over bottoms and form into one burger. Make sure there is no cheese exposed. Repeat for remaining burgers.
Heat large grill pan over med/high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or spray with cooking spray. Place burgers in grill pan and drizzle top of burgers with Olive Oil, cover and lower heat to med/low. Cook about 5-6 minutes each side. Top with remaining cheese pieces, cover until cheese is melted.
Serve on plate with or without a bun.