Chicken Burgers Mozzarella
- Yield servings
- 1 1/2 -- lbs of ground chicken
- 1/4 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of oil from jar of tomatoes
- 2 -- scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary (about 1 sprig)
- 4 large basil leaves ripped into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced into 8 pieces
- -- 1+ tablespoons of Olive Oil
- -- Makes 4 Big Burgers
Add all ingredients up to salt & pepper to ground chicken. With hands, mix well. Separate mixture into 8 equal sizes (four tops and four bottoms). Flatten mixture in hands to make burgers. Place one piece of cheese in center. Place burger tops over bottoms and form into one burger. Make sure there is no cheese exposed. Repeat for remaining burgers.
Heat large grill pan over med/high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or spray with cooking spray. Place burgers in grill pan and drizzle top of burgers with Olive Oil, cover and lower heat to med/low. Cook about 5-6 minutes each side. Top with remaining cheese pieces, cover until cheese is melted.
Serve on plate with or without a bun.