Mozzarella-Stuffed Caprese Turkey Sliders
- Yield: 6 servings
With a slice of fresh mozzarella tucked inside each patty, these sliders are a delicious and fun departure from regular ol’ burgers. If you can’t find slider rolls at your local bakery counter, you can use soft dinner rolls or hot dog rolls cut lengthwise to fit your patties.
- 1pound ground turkey meat
- 1/2cup panko breadcrumbs, unseasoned breadcrumbs can be subsituted
- 1/2cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 6slices fresh mozzarella cheese, about 1/4-inch thick
- 6 slider rolls, lightly toasted to taste
- 6slices of fresh, ripe tomato, about 1/2-inch thick
- Place turkey, breadcrumbs, basil, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using clean hands, combine all ingredients until well mixed. Divide mixture into 12 equal balls. Place on paper towel or sheet pan, evenly spaced. Using the back of a flat metal spatula, flatten each ball into a patty about 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick.
- Place mozzarella slices on 6 patties. Layer another patty on top of cheese. Press edges of patties together, fully encasing cheese inside. Gently reform stuffed patties so they have flat cooking surfaces.
- Set patties on a hot grill or pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook to desired doneness.
- Place patties on slider rolls and top with tomato slices. Finish with top bun and secure in place with long toothpick or hors d’oeuvres skewer. Serve warm.