Mozzarella, Pepperoni, Tomato and Basil Sticks
- Yield: 18 pieces
- 9-- cherry tomatoes
- 18-- fresh basil leaves
- 18-- small fresh mozzarella balls
- 9-- slices pepperoni
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar for dipping
- -- Thin Italian breadsticks
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and remove the stems. Let dry. Wash the basil leaves and pat dry. Stick a cocktail pick through a mozzarella ball. Next, add a basil leaf (folding the leaf in half if it's too big). Place a cherry tomato stem side down on the end of a cocktail pick. Repeat with the remaining cherry tomatoes, 8 of the basil leaves and 8 of the mozzarella balls.
- Stick a cocktail pick through a folded pepperoni slice. Add a basil leaf (folding if the leaf is it's too big). Place a mozzarella ball onto the end of the cocktail pick. Repeat the procedure with the remaining pepperoni slices, basil leaves and mozzarella balls.
- On a platter, place a bowl with the balsamic vinegar for dipping. Arrange the prepared cocktail picks around the bowl. Serve with thin Italian breadsticks.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Linda Mutschler’s Fast Track to Fine Dining (Favorite Recipes Press, 2009).