Mozzarella and Tomato Sandwich
- Yield 1 servings
If you make this sandwich in the morning, press it together well so the oil and vinegar soak into the bread. Use the whole ball of packaged fresh mozzarella cheese unless you buy the pre-sliced variety.
- 1 (6-inch) length French or Italian bread
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 thick slices tomato
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut bread in half and open like a book. Layer bottom with cheese, tomatoes and basil. Combine oil and vinegar and sprinkle over tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Close sandwich and press so bread absorbs dressing.