Moroccan Roast Eggplant
- Yield 8 servings
Ancient Jewish cultures of Morocco, Tunisia, Spain, Italy and Portugal offer intense spice-laden dishes that add panache to any Passover table.
- 2 medium eggplants, pierced all over with tines of a fork
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place eggplants on a baking sheet with sides and bake 40 minutes until very tender. Cool slightly and scoop pulp from skin into a nonreactive large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients, combine well and let cool to room temperature before serving. Spread on Matzo or serve over greens.
- You can make this up to three days in advance, refrigerate to store and bring to room temperature before serving.