Moroccan Chicken with Raisins and Dried Apricots
- Yield: 4to6 servings
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 3 to 5 hrs
- 1 1/4cups chicken stock
- 2tablespoons tomato paste
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground ginger
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2large onions, chopped
- 1/2cup raisins
- 1/2cup chopped dried apricots
- Whisk broth, tomato paste, lemon juice, flour with spices.
- Spray Crock-Pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken pieces, chopped onions, raisins and chopped apricots in Crock-Pot. Popur broth mixture over all.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 hours or LOW 6 hours.
Recipe by Sandy Reardon, Carson City, Nev.