Moroccan Chicken with Raisins and Dried Apricots
- Yield 4to6 servings
- Prep 30 minutes
- Cook 3 to 5 hrs
A spicy chicken stew made in a Crock-Pot.
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- Whisk broth, tomato paste, lemon juice, flour with spices.
- Spray Crock-Pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken pieces, chopped onions, raisins and chopped apricots in Crock-Pot. Popur broth mixture over all.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 hours or LOW 6 hours.
Recipe by Sandy Reardon, Carson City, Nev.