Moroccan Beef with Honey-Spice Couscous
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1-- (1 1/2-pound) beef flank steak
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2teaspoons garlic salt
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2cup honey
- 1/2cup olive oil
- Honey-Spice Couscous:
- 2cups water
- 1/3cup reserved steak marinade
- 1-- (8 3/4-ounce) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/3cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1-- box couscous
- To prepare marinade, combine vinegar and seasonings; stir well. Add honey and oil, stirring until blended. Remove 1/3 cup marinade; set aside for preparing couscous.
- Place flank steak in plastic bag; add marinade, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat 10 or 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak in skillet (Cut steak in half, if necessary to fit pan.) Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned. Turn steak, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 7 to 10 minutes for medium doneness. Slice steak diagonally into thin slices. Serve with pan juices.
- While steak is cooking, prepare Honey-Spice Couscous: In large saucepan combine water, reserved marinade, garbanzo beans, tomatoes and parsley. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork to serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 532
- Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 54mg
- Sodium 423mg
- Carbohydrate 59g
- Fiber 6g
- Protein 31g