Morgan Red Beans
- Yield 6 servings
Use as a side dish or main course—only five ingredients!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound medium sausage
- 2 cans (10-ounce) diced mild tomatoes and green chiles
- 2 cans (15-ounce) red beans, do not drain
- Brown onion, peppers and sausage in a large skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour over low heat.
- Serve over rice.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Debbye Dabbs, Take Five – A Men’s Cookbook (D. D. Publishing, 2007)