Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Yield: 1 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- 2-- (3/4-inch) thick center slices King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 3-- (1-ounce) Swiss cheese slices
- 4ounces deli-sliced turkey and/or ham
- 1large egg
- 1tablespoon milk or water
- -- Powdered sugar
- -- Raspberry jam*
- Place cheese slices over bread slice followed by meat slices. Top with remaining bread slice.
- Whisk together egg and milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip both sides of sandwich into egg mixture until well coated.
- Cook on medium heat in large greased skillet until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Dust with powdered sugar, cut in half and serve with raspberry jam on the side for dipping or spreading.
*Shortcut: spread 2 tbsp. jam on top of meat and grill with sandwich.