- Yield 16 servings
"I baked Monster Cookies for a new friend not long after I had moved to town. He wasn't home when I dropped them off, but he told his roommate he would marry the person who had baked the cookies. He married the baker - me - a year later. That was nearly 20 years ago, and I'm still baking them."
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter (12 ounces)
- 4 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup raisins or M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Combine the eggs, sugars, vanilla, corn syrup, baking soda, and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until smooth. Add the peanut butter and beat until well blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Using a 1/2-cup measure or ice cream scoop, place 2 scoops of the dough onto each cookie sheet. Flatten each to a 4-inch round, 1/2 -inch-thick cookie.
- Bake 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the baking sheets on a wire rack for 4 minutes. Remove the cookies. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Recipe by Becky Jackson, Spring Hill, Fla.