- Yield 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 -- small eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -- medium bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 1/4 cup lowfat milk
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, add 1/4 cup walnuts and pulse until crumbly.
- Add flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and pulse until well mixed.
- In a large bowl, beat together honey, eggs, oil, vanilla, bananas, yogurt and milk.
- Gently, fold dry ingredients into wet.
- Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture into muffin pan lined with paper muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and bake for 10 minutes.