Mom’s Italian Raisin Stuffing
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 30 to 40 minutes
This is a old family recipe—at least 75 years old. It can be used to stuff inside turkey, chicken or other fowl.
- 2large eggs slighty beaten
- 1/2cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2cup California Raisins
- 1/8teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1dash pepper
- 1teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2teaspoon poultry seasoning or sage
- 2cups fine, dry Italian breadcrumbs
- 1cup chicken or turkey broth
- 1/2cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Blend together eggs, Romano cheese, raisins, seasonings and breadcrumbs in a medium mixing bowl. Add broth a little at a time until mixture is crumbly. Add walnuts, if using.
- Transfer is a greased stuffing mold.
- Bake 30 to 40 minute. Remove in one piece and let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Note: This stuffing can be used to stuff turkey or chicken.