Mom’s Apple Pie
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2units prepared pie crust (double crust)
- 6large granny smith apples, cored & peeled
- 3/4cup granulated sugar
- 2tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 3tablespoons oleo
- I have found it easier and better to use Pillsbury Pie Crust (2 rolls in package) for this recipe.
- Roll out one crust to fit 9″ pie plate (I use glass). Slice Granny Smith apples, which has been cored and peeled, onto the crust evenly. ( 6 large apples will fill the crusted plate). You can add 1 tsp. lemon juice if the apples aren’t very tart.
- In small bowl mix together sugar, flour, salt & cinnamon. Spoon mix evenly over the apples. Dot with oleo. Add second crust that has been rolled out to fit the pie plate. Tuck top crust under the bottom one and crimp the edge. Cut slits in top crust to vent steam. Sprinkle top lightly with cinnamon. Bake at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes or til golden brown. Best to let set a little bit before you cut it.