Mommy's Pumpkin Cheesecake Praline Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
This pie is a Sweetie-licious favorite around the holidays and has won local top honors. For a creamy texture, be sure not to overbake pumpkin pies.
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie crust, frozen
- 3/4cup chopped pecans
- 2tablespoons melted butter
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3cups sugar, divided
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4cups canned pure pumpkin
- 1cup half-and-half
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4teaspoon cloves
- 1/2teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- Grated nutmeg
- To prepare pecans, place pecans, butter and brown sugar in a nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and scrape onto aluminum foil to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare filling, combine cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla, mixing until well blended. Blend in 1 egg. Pour into pastry crust.
- Combine pumpkin, half-and-half, all-purpose flour, remaining sugar, 2 slightly beaten eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cloves, orange rind, salt and cinnamon. Carefully pour pumpkin mixture in a spiral pattern over cream cheese mixture. (Pumpkin mixture will sink to the bottom.) Bake 1 hour or until almost set in middle. Let cool. Sprinkle Praline Pecans over top of pie. Dust with grated nutmeg.
Recipe courtesy of Sweetie-licious Bakery Cafe in DeWitt, Mich.