Molten Lava Cookies
- Yield: 2
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2cups sugar
- 3/4cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3cup dark or semisweet chocolate (at least 60% cocoa), roughly chopped
- Powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla; mix until combined.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Using your thumb, press a thumbprint into the center; fill with a piece of chocolate and fold dough over to cover chocolate.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are firm and tops are soft. Remove cookies to a cooling rack; dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve warm, if possible. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- To reheat cookies, place cookie on microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 5 seconds, or until cookie is slightly warm.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board