Molten Chocolate Cobbler
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1cup All purpose flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 7tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-1/4cup sugar
- 1/2cup milk
- 1/3cup melted butter
- 1-1/2teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2cup light brown sugar
- 1-1/2cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa, and 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Reserve the remaining cocoa and sugar.
- Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased 8-inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining white sugar (it should be 1/2 cup), the brown sugar, and remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter.
- Pour the hot tap water over all. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let stand for a few minutes if you can hold yourself back. Serve with ice cream or berries.