Molasses-Ginger Waffles with Roasted Pears
- Yield: 4-5 servings
- Roasted Pears
- 1tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
- 1tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4cup white flour
- 1/4cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2tablespoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1cup almond milk
- 2tablespoons molasses
For the Pears
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a medium size bowl. Slice each pear half into roughly 4 slices and gently toss in the syrup, evenly coating each piece.
- Lay the pieces skin side down onto the parchment paper. Roast for 5 minutes. Flip the pieces so the flesh is now facing down, and continue roasting for 10-15 minutes, until softened and lightly browned.
For the Waffles
- Combine, and whisk the dry ingredients in medium size bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Pour the wet over the dry, and mix to incorporate, removing any lumps.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes while the waffle iron heats up. Follow manufactures instructions to cook waffles.
- Serve warm with 3-4 pear slices, a heaping spoon of pomegranate seeds, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
This recipe from Honest Cooking was posted with permission and originally appeared as Ginger Molasses Waffles with Roasted Pears and Pomegranate on Seven Grams.