Mojito Chicken Sandwich
- Yield: servings
- 1pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch strips
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3-- limes, juiced
- 2cloves garlic, finely minced
- 8slices baby Swiss cheese
- 1-- 14 inch long Cuban bread, halved lengthwise
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- -- Mint Lime Aioli (recipe follows)
- 2leaves iceberg lettuce
- -- Limes, quartered, for garnish
- -- Mint leaves, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in a small bowl. Add lime juice and garlic and mix well to cover evenly. Marinate for 30 minutes.
Spread the slices of Swiss cheese across the cut side of the top half of the Cuban bread. Place both the top and bottom halves of the Cuban bread, cut side up, on the center rack in the oven, and bake until the cheese has melted and the bread has toasted, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
To cook the chicken, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, place in the skillet, and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is done. Remove from the heat.
To make the sandwiches, spread a generous amount of Mint Lime Aioli across the cut side of the bottom half of the Cuban bread. Top with chicken patty, iceberg lettuce, and the remaining half of the Cuban bread. Cut the sandwich into four equal parts. Garnish with lime and mint leaves.
Makes 4 sandwiches.
Mint Lime Aioli:
Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, the zest and juice of 2 limes, 1 minced garlic clove, and 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves in a small mixing bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate until serving.