Citrusy Chicken and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
- Yield: servings
- Cheesy Chipotle Mayo:
- 1/2cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3cup soft goat cheese
- 2teaspoons minced canned chipotle pepper
- 2tablespoons minced cilantro
- pinch kosher salt
- 4-- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, 6 ounces each
- Mojo Marinade:
- 1-- seeded and chopped jalapeno
- 1cup cilantro leaves
- 1/3cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3cup fresh lime juice
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 3-- garlic cloves, finely grated
- 3/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2cup flour
- 2tablespoons ground cumin
- 3tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 12slices avocado
- 2tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 4-- split Kaiser rolls, lightly toasted
- -- Cilantro, orange and lime for garnish
To make the cheesy chipotle mayo, place mayonnaise, goat cheese, chipotle, cilantro and salt in small bowl and mix until blended. Cover and refrigerate.
Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness. To make the Mojo Marinade, place jalapeno, cilantro, orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, salt and garlic in a blender and puree. Place in a food-safe plastic bag along with the chicken breast halves. Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt. In a shallow dish, combine the flour and cumin. Dredge chicken in the flour, pressing so flour adheres. Heat 3 Tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
Place the avocado slices in a shallow dish and sprinkle with onion. Whisk together 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, lime juice and orange zest and pour over the avocado slices.
To assemble the sandwiches, spread an equal amount of the mayo onto the cut sides of the rolls. Onto each roll bottom place a cooked chicken breast half, an equal amount of the avocado slices with onion, and a roll top. Place on a platter garnished with cilantro, orange and lime.
Makes 4 sandwiches