The Beef Checkoff
- Beef Kabobs
- 1pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 1teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1large lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1small red onion, cut into 8 thin wedges
- 1-- container grape or cherry tomatoes (about 10 ounces)
- Mojo Sauce:
- 1/4cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4cup fresh lime juice
- 3tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4teaspoon salt
Whisk Mojo Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
Cut beef steak into 1 1/4 inch pieces; season with pepper.
Alternately thread beef with lime and onion wedges evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers. Thread tomatoes evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill tomato kabobs, uncovered, about 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly softened, turning occasionally. Grill beef kabobs, uncovered, about 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
Serve kabobs drizzled with sauce.
Cook's Tip: To make lime wedges, cut lime crosswise in half. Cut each half into quarters, forming wedges. When cutting onion into wedges for kabobs, leave root end intact so wedges hold together during skewering.
Recipe reprinted from The Healthy Beef Cookbook, published by John Wiley & Sons.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 285
- Fat 15g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 5mg
- Carbohydrate 1
- Fiber 1.8g
- Protein 27g