Fresh and Fruity Coconut Lime Mojito
- Yield 4 servings
The combination of flavors is so mellow and sweet it will transport you straight to Jamaica. Or St. Martin. Or the Mediterranean.
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 limes, quartered
- 16 ounces 100 percent pineapple juice, not from concentrate
- 4-6 ounces coconut rum, or to taste (or substitute a few drops of coconut extract in each drink)
- 4-6 cold seltzer
- Crush the mint leaves slightly between your fingers and divide evenly among 4 tall glasses. Using your hands, squeeze 4 quarters of 1 lime into each glass over the mint leaves and drop in the limes.
- Add 4 ounces (120 ml) of pineapple juice to each glass, stir to combine, and set aside for at least 10 minutes for the flavors to release and combine.
- Stir in 1 to 1 1/2 ounces (28 to 42 ml) of the rum, to taste, fill the glass with ice, top with 1 to 1 1/2 ounces (28 to 42 ml) of the seltzer (or more if omitting the rum), and stir gently.
Reprinted with permission of Fair Winds Press from 150 Healthiest Comfort Foods on the Planet.