- Yield: 8 servings
- 6ounces very dark chocolate (I used bars with 86% cacao)
- 1ounce espresso or very concentrated coffee
- 1dash vanilla extract
- 2pounds silken tofu
- 3/4cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2cups crushed graham crackers
- 2tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4cup crushed almonds
- 1/3cup brown sugar
- 6tablespoons butter, melted
- Prepare pie crust first. Mix crushed graham crackers, cocoa powder, crushed almonds and brown sugar in large mixing bowl. Slowly add melted butter until well blended. Press into deep 9 1/2 inch pie pan and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
- Melt chocolate on stovetop using double boiler.
- Put tofu, melted chocolate, vanilla, and espresso in food processor. Process until well blended. Texture should be thick and creamy. Add sugar to taste. Pie filling should be slightly bitter to offset sweetness of crust.
- Pour filling into cooled pie crust and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.